To Our Clients and Family Members:
We know many of you are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 (the new coronavirus) and how it may impact you and/or your loved one. Ensuring our clients are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our first priority.
At this time, there are no known cases of COVID-19 within our company. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Health Care Association (AHCA), National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL), and our President have all recommended a variety of steps that we are implementing to help reduce the potential spread of the virus.
In the past, our greatest success in reducing viral outbreaks has included action steps such as:
- Requested limited visitations of guests to our clients
- Practicing good hand hygiene and infection control measures
- Screening and monitoring signs and symptoms of our clients – to include temperature checks during each shift
- Providing personalized care plans while maintaining our schedules shifts with each client in their residence – to include clients receiving our care in a health care facility (IL, AL, MC, SNF)
- When a change of condition is identified with a client, we determine in concert with the physician, and family the next medical course of action.
We need your help in battling COVID-19. Below are some examples of how we need your assistance in helping us protect our clients. As of today, we are:
- Requesting to limit entry of visitors into the client’s residence except for medical necessity or emergency situations such as third-party healthcare providers and physicians
- Be informed that we are conducting 100% self-screening of all individuals before entering the client’s residence – to include our caregivers
- Instructing all approved screened individuals to conduct proper handwashing hygiene upon entry
- Requesting to limit participation in community activities and outings
- Ensuring outside visitors and personnel limit their movement within the client’s residence
- Monitoring your loved one’s signs and symptoms in concert with their primary care physician – and if necessary – consulting with the local health department and/or triaging to the local hospital.
- If this is the case, you will be notified
- If your loved one lives in a healthcare facility and they are limiting your access to our essential health care services, please notify our office immediately
- Request your support in procuring the following supplies:
- Surgical Mask
- Other supplies
- Adequate supply of medications
- Hand Sanitizer especially for outings
- Appropriate soap for handwashing in the home
- Lysol or Clorox [germicidal type cleaning products for surfaces that carry germs]
Please make sure we have your most current emergency contact and email information. We want to make sure we efficiently communicate with you should there be any new developments. Please reach out to our main line at 770-643-1712 if we need to procure your updated contact information.
As a family member, please help prevent the spread of infection by exercising proper hand washing hygiene as well as coughing and sneezing etiquette.
If you are experiencing a cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or shortness of breath, please let a CaraVita staff member know immediately. We will continue to stay up to date with the evolving CDC and Public Health recommendations.
We will notify you if any clients or staff are diagnosed with COVID-19 and any changes to our policy. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.
CaraVita Home Care Management Team